Operations Manager – Sponsorship Fulfilment (Africa Oil Week & Breakbulk: Europe)
Operations Reports to: Head of Operations – Brands Location:
London Job status: Full time, 12 month fixed term contract
ITE is a UK FTSE LISTED COMPANY and one of the largest event organisers in the world. We specialise in running market-leading events in emerging markets and are one of the world’s leading organisers of international trade exhibitions and conferences. We organise over 250 exhibitions and conferences worldwide, with many market leading events and well-known brands in key industry sectors. Our product range includes everything from niche specialist conferences through to globally significant trade fairs with mass appeal and influence. Historically strong in Russia, the Group also has successful exhibitions in Eastern Europe and Asia and has acquired events in Turkey, China, Malaysia and Indonesia. The acquisition of the Africa Oil Week and Breakbulk portfolios, has brought a number of new events into ITE, including new territories such as USA, China, Europe, South Africa and UAE. JOB PURPOSE
Responsible for implementing operational strategies that promote and achieve the event’s sponsorship business development objectives. Work within the Operations division and assists the Sales team in implementing strategies to grow the event’s financial base through new sponsorship and partnerships. The position will manage sponsorship creation and delivery throughout the entire sponsorship cycle, from venue and supplier liaison to onsite execution of all sponsor benefits.
• Create an inventory of sponsorship (in partnership with the Sponsorship Sales team who will initiate the opportunities), to include but not limited to: gold, silver, bronze packages, bags, lanyards, pens, pads, chargers, meeting rooms, drinks receptions, gala dinners etc…
• Ensure all inventory is priced appropriately both in relevance to base cost, profit margins and sponsor level
• Manage relationships with the venue and suppliers, negotiating to ensure sponsorship options are viable and cost comparisons are gathered
• Inventory management, ensuring inventory and all relevant and associated databases, are kept updated as and when sponsors come onboard
• Monitor expenditure and cost-to-service percentages associated with sponsor benefits and engagement.
• Progress reporting on sponsorship sales, revenue and percentage options left
• Manage all branding and specs for inclusion in the program / show-guides, onsite and elsewhere
• Organise and oversee the delivery of sponsor packages, working closely with the customer Success team to create a communication plan for ensuring artwork is collected and mock-ups are signed off
• In consultation with the key internal relationships, coordinate and participate in hosting/engagement events throughout the events where required.
• Monitor contra arrangements to ensure expenses and spend are consistent with contractual arrangements, working with Marketing who will manage these relationships and processes.
• Through daily co-ordination with the Customer Success team, day-to-day engagement with existing confirmed sponsors to develop and maintain strong relationships with open communication
• Coordinate the delivery of all benefits to ensure they meet sponsors’ expectations.
• Liaise with the relevant Departments (marketing / ops / content) to ensure viability and fulfilment of potential concepts to meet partnership objectives prior to and post creation of sponsorship inventory.
• Meet with Key sponsorship clients onsite to talk through their representation – full service customer experience.
• Conduct post event sponsorship evaluations and acquittals. Prepare reports for submission to management.
• In consultation with the Event Directors and Customer Success depts., organise and host a potential sponsor ‘thank you’ event.
• Working to best practice within the Operations Team, following the Blueprints
• Participate in continuous improvement activities by regularly evaluating processes for efficiency and productivity and recommending changes to Key working relationships.
• Manage Adhoc projects within other Operational functions across Brand events where needed.
Experience & Knowledge – Essential • 2 years proven experience within an Event Operations division, managing international Exhibitions and high-level Conferences
Experience & Knowledge – Desirable • IOSH Managing Safely certificate • First Aid certificate • Event fire safety awareness • Experience of structural safety, rigging and stand auditing process
Skills - Essential • Excellent communication skills • Analytical • Negotiating skills • A keen interest in and some knowledge of the events sector and an understanding of hospitality and sponsorship drivers is highly desirable. • Attention to detail • Demonstrated ability to solve problems, manage competing deadlines and prioritise work to meet them. • Sound business sense • Demonstrated collaborative working style and the ability to work as a productive team member
Skills - Desirable • Good interpersonal skills • Multi-language skills
Personal Qualities - Essential • Motivated, confident and enthusiastic • Passion for learning new technologies and grow in architectural design and coding capabilities • Ability and willingness to work flexible hours as projects require. • Hard working – a sense of urgency • Consistent • Team player • Well organised • Ability to think creatively and communicate ideas effectively • Results driven • Polite and diplomatic
Posted on: 11 Jan 2018
Closing date: 28 Feb 2018
Or send us an email to: